My photo
Wentzville, MO, United States

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I love this girl......





This picture was taken at Christmas but she's finally getting to use the new bat! She's been practicing pretty hard with her dad and she's really improving. Her first game is next week.



So, last night Mike and Suzanna and I were out to dinner and Mike and I were having a conversation about politics. At some point, one of us mentioned 9-11 and Suzanna asked what 9-11 was. Mike explained to her what it was - she said, "oh yeah. I knew that happened." I'm not really sure if she understands the magnitude of the event.



I was floored first of all to realize that they are not teaching these kids about 9-11 in history class. Then I suddenly realized that we have been at war for 7 of her 9 years of life. How sad is that?



I am still healing from the car accident - I started back to work this week and was really caught off guard by how much my back and neck hurt from sitting and staring at the computer all day. Hopefully with some more time the pain will go away. I have an MRI tomorrow to check out my hip and lower back - let's pray for no problems!

I don't have any recent pictures of Brooke - I have to get new batteries in the camera and I'll take some over the weekend.

Lastly, April is when both my grandma and grandpa died - I wish I had some pictures saved to my computer so I could post them but unfortunately I don't. I know if they were alive they would love Brooke and Suzanna so much. I can just hear my grandma carrying on about them. :)

Ending with one of my very favorite quotes:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." -Sir Winston Churchill


No comments: