My photo
Wentzville, MO, United States

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pics and the Olympics....



Here are the pics of Brooke and Suzanna that were made the weekend of Mother's Day.... aren't they great?!



















Now, on to the Olympics.... I am a competitor at heart and man do I love watching the trials and then the actual games. This weekend I am hooked on watching the softball games - I'm telling you it just makes me miss the game sooo much! Suzanna only has two games left in the season, it's been fun watching her improve and learn a bit about the game. I'm not sure she has the love for it that I had hoped she would but.... maybe that'll come??




Anyway...so I know there are others of you out there that do this, but I must at last confess. When I watch these athletes competing at this level I get so emotional! I mean, I cry when they lose, I cry when they win... I'm not kidding! Did anyone else see Corey Hall miss his chance for one last Olympics in the 50 meter free style? Well...lemme just tell you, I cried like a baby! I do the same thing when I watch the superbowl or the World Series and the Stanley Cup playoffs.




I really miss being able to play at a competitive level. Actually, I just miss being able to play... I'm not sure I miss the hard work it takes to play competitively!




Anyway... that's my blog for today! :)




Oh wait... .a couple of pics that are just too cute not to post....



My girl does not like anything on her head!





I'm not sure if she is admiring her belly or looking for her toes...either way someday she will hate me for posting this picture!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Dot. So cute! Thanks for the update!

Oh, and, you are not the only one that cries when people win or lose. I was watching the finale of Hell's Kitchen the other night and I cried when the girl won. Phil is so used to it, he just passes me the tissue. :-)
Joanna

melanie, aka Mo said...

Hey Dottie. Just checking in. I was checking my emails from about a month ago, (280 emails in my inbox) and realized I had this connection and never visited. So "HI!" Melanie, aka Mo