My photo
Wentzville, MO, United States

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dogs, Cats, Valentine's Day & Birthday Party!

Well.... little Miss Jody has begun her Puppy Kindgergarden classes - I quickly found out that it is indeed more about training me than training the dog. She is actually doing quite well and has retained the things we learned last week. I'm hoping tomorrow night goes great, too. I had Jody spayed a couple of weeks ago..... poor baby girl was still out of it later that night when I got her back home.
These next two pictures I took just because I was playing around with the new camera and trying different things.... did I mention that I bought a new Canon Rebel ESI? I love it! I am going to take a photography class this Spring. Anyway.... Jody was transfixed on something outside my bedroom window and I snapped these.
This next one is a picture of Smokey ...as promised! I feel so bad for him.... the old guy is going to be 17 years old in the Spring and this puppy just tortures him. I am trying to teach Jody to leave him alone and I think she is getting better. She wants to play...he wants to sleep. He hisses and she seems to not get it!
Now...on to the kiddos. Suzanna is doing good..... staying busy with schoolwork and girl scouts. I am going to post a couple of pics of her at Brooke's birthday party (down below) but I wanted ya'll to see this awesome picture of her and Mike. This was taken by the professional photographer at the Daddy's Little Sweetheart Dance.

(ya know now that I think about it I don't think I ever asked him if it was okay to post pictures of them on here..... he'll let me know if not! LOL)Now... on to the birthday party weekend.....

First of all, we arrive at Maw Maw & Paw Paw's house and there are birthday gifts waiting....

I don't know if you can see it or not, but Brooke got a "Make Me Better Mommy" doll. In the pic she is giving the baby it's "mecine" because it has red glowing cheeks! She also got the double stroller and quickly found her other baby doll to put in.

On Saturday morning, Valentine's Day, we went to breakfast with my Dad. You can see here that Brooke has PawPaw wrapped around her little finger. She lovesss to brush her own teeth so you have to bribe her...or at least I do. She let Paw Paw help her though without much of a fuss.

This pink princess bear was Brookie's Valentine Day present from me. Also, you can see in this picture where her little eye is turned in. She has lazy eye and pretty poor vision - last week she went to the doctor and they fit her for glasses. I can't imagine that she will leave them on but the doctor says that she will notice such a difference in her eye sight that she will want to wear them. It seems that this "lazy" eye thing came on awful fast - I have looked and looked at pictures of her over the past two years and there is no indication whatsoever that she had any eye problems. Let's just pray that the glasses correct it and she doesn't have any other problems with it!

Brooke and I then went to visit Yoda and put his Valentine Day present on his little grave. Brooke kept saying... "Yo Yo Sleeping... I lay down" I wouldn't let her lay down on the ground but I did let her sit by him.

Then on Sunday it was time to "PAWWTY" as Brookie likes to say! There are so many great birthday party pictures, so here goes......

This is what Brooke saw when she walked in the door - a Tinkerbell 4-Wheeler from Maw Maw & Paw Paw. She thought this was pretty darn cool.
After having some lunch, Brooke blew out the candles on her Tinkerbell cake! She did pretty good, only needed two tries to get them both out!
This is Brookie and her cousin Peyton - I didn't know it, but I scheduled Brooke's party on Peyton's birthday...well of course the Birthday Girl had to have her own little piece of cake with candles and a present to open! So Brookie and Peyton are only 11 days apart in age.. Cute huh?
Then the wild child is ready to open her some gifts! She gets a kick out of throwing the paper around, I guess.
Here's the birthday girl with me and Suzanna and (cousin) Sami Jo.
"Let's see.... Yep...it'll fit me...." "How 'bout you Sissy...can we share clothes yet?"
I've been throwing balls around with this kiddo since she was big enough to hold one...now it's time to learn how to hit. She's gonna be my little ball player...and look... she picked that "crotch grab" up from watching the Cardinals on TV(I am a bit obsessed with my Cards but I didn't realize my baby girl was picking up bad habits like this)! "I've got the coolest Uncle Scot! Look at this.... a "My First Scooter"!" I hope the weather gets nice soon so this kiddo can play outside..... don't worry...she has a new helmet, and elbow/knee pads.

And last but not least.... here is Brookie with Maw Maw. Can you tell she is a bit spoiled??? By the way, that is a "Boot Ear" in front of her as she likes to call it. She lovessss root beer.

I've had a couple of people email me lately and ask how the situation with Brooke and her mother and/or grandma is going. Nothing has changed and I becuase I don't know what else to do at this point, I would just say PRAY that Brooke is has the best life imaginable! Speaking of praying, my friend Pam's little boy Jacob is having some difficulties again (he's the one who had the brain tumor). He had an MRI done in December and it showed no evidence of disease which is wonderful but the past few weeks he has been having some other dificulties with seizures and such. Their family could use some prayers and even some encouraging words on their website - the link is on the right side of my page. Also, please keep my cousin's little boy Caden in your prayers - he has Epilepsy and it isn't under control. He has seizure's frequently and with that comes other challenges for him and his mom and dad - the prayers is that they can find the right medication that will get the seizures under control.

No comments: