My photo
Wentzville, MO, United States

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Court

The only positive thing that came out of court yesterday is that the restraining orders were issued and so Brooke's Dad and his gang can't come anywhere near her. They are in place for one year and if he wants that changed he will have to fight it in court.
Unfortunately, that is exactly what he is saying he is going to do. He stated to the judge that he was filing for custody. This changes everything and really makes it all very tough. My hope is that he will realize the state can't take anything from him if he relinquishes his rights which would allow for me to move forward with the adoption.
Brooke got some new glasses and I love them! They fit so much better than the other ones. We have been playing outside alot. I have decided that all I can do is take things a day at a time and make sure that we enjoy every second we have together. Here's some outside fun from this week.
We are fortunate to have this large yard to play in. She and Jody run and run and run and both of them seem to be sleeping a bit better these days!
I love this picture and the way the light is shining down on Brooke. I like to think of it as God's light shining down on her, creativing a protective warm circle around here so nothing in this big ole world can ever hurt her......
And how could you not love this sweet little face..... having a child is like having someone walking around carrying your heart and lemme tell ya, she has mine!

I love you Brookie,

Mommy Dottie

No comments: