My photo
Wentzville, MO, United States

Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas, a puppy and a new year!

Christmas was good, though I have to admit I wasn't really in the spirit this year. I guess still grieving over Yoda. It was good though to visit with my family. Here is a really great picture of me and my grandma. I love this and wanted to share it!

Meet Jody Ann - the newest addition to my family. She is a sweet girl - long haired Chihuahua. Having her brings alot of laughter and I think my soul really needs it. I miss Yoda so much and Jody can't replace him but she sure keeps me busy and I like to think that Yoda is in heaven and has as much energy and spunk now as what a puppy does.

Isn't she cute? She is 12 weeks old today.

Jody and Brooke are getting use to each other.... Jody will actually play with Brooke but sometimes Brookie is a little rough. I'm trying to teach her to be gentle.
Just when I thought she was understanding "gentle" I saw this! Not so gentle, huh?
After all that rough-housing, the baby needed a nap!

By the way, I went to see the movie Marley and Me. It was really good a bit sad but not too bad, until the end. It's a great movie about how much our pets mean to us and what a big part of our lives they are.

Now, about the new year....once when I was watching Oprah, she referred to her "life list". Ever since then I have had one. Basically, it's a list of things you want to do in your lifetime. You can constantly change it - take things away if you decide your not interested anymore, add things, etc. Anyway so at the first of each year, I get mine out and take a look and evaluate how I'm doing. Then I make a list of 5 - 10 of those things I am going to do for the year.
For some reason, I was a bit off track in 2008! I only accomplished ONE thing on my list!! So I am posting my 2009 list on here ..... I think if you tell other people your goals you are more likely to reach them, so here is my list for this year:
1. Buy a House
2. Visit 2 MO state parks or historic sites hat I have never been to.
3. Visit 1 National Park or Historic site that I have never been to.
4. Lose 75 more pounds.
5. Visit 1 state that I have never been to.
That's it! Keeping my list short this year!
By the way.... if you don't know about Yoda, you will have to go back to the last post in December.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and I love the pics of Jody and Brooke. Brooke is going to love growing up with her!